Nyeri High School
The school is sponsored by the Catholic Church. It was started as a Primary Boys’ Boarding School in 1924 by the Consolata Catholic Missionaries. It became a Junior Secondary School in 1947. In 1948 it was taken over by the Brothers of the Sacred Heart from the United States of America. In 1954, Nyeri High School became a full secondary school and offered the first group of ‘O’ level Examination in 1955 under the headship of Rev. Fr. Lionel. In 1963 the school expanded with the introduction of the ‘A’ – level.
Currently, our admission register stands at 12013. We are proud to note that Nyeri High School has produced quite a good number of very prominent personalities in our country. With the able stewardship of the Principal, Mr. Maina J.K, the Board of Governors, the Teaching staff, our industrious students and support staff, the school continues to rise higher, operating under the following principles;
To be the leading centre of Academic Excellence, Spiritual and Moral Perfection.
To Provide an Enabling Environment for Quality Learning and Maximum Development of Students’ Potential through Collective Responsibility.
ELIMU NI USHINDI.
Address: P.O.BOX 10100-337 Nyeri