Digital Essay Competition Secondary School Launch – Loreto Kiambu Girls High School
2018 Digital Essay Competition Secondary School Launch was held in Loreto Kiambu Girls High School on Friday 8th June 2018 from 2pm to 4pm. In attendance were competition partners and sponsors, publishers, neighboring schools, parents, teachers, students and invited guests.
The guests who attended the launch included Pauline Moutaux from French Embassy in Kenya, Jonathan Maranya from Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development, Amina Sharbaidi from CEMASTEA, Anee Chege from Thika High School for the Blind, Priscilla Karanja from Longhorn Publishers, Peter Osumba DVC Zetech University among others.
Schools in attendance were Kijabe Girls High School, Kiambaa Mixed Secondary School. Thika High School for the Blind, ST. Angelas Girls High School Kiambu High School, Muthiga girls among others
Students were excited and looking forward to participate in the competition, teachers were also ready to support their school to win on the 2018 Digital Essay Competition. It was a honor to be hosted by the school Deputy Academics Principal Mr. Omondi and our contact teacher Mr. Paul Thairu.
How can technology bring us closer to quality education for all? Or
Ni vipi teknolojia inaweza kutufikisha karibu na elimu bora kwa wote? Or
Comment la technologie peut-elle nous rapprocher d’une education de qualité pour tous?
DEC submission categories for 2018 are English, Kiswahili, French and Art
The 2018 DEC timeline is as follows
- Wednesday 6th June – DEC Primary School Launch at Olympic Primary School in Kibera, Nairobi
- Friday 8th June – DEC Secondary School Launch at Loreto Kiambu Girls’ High School, Kiambu
- Thursday 28th June – DEC Special Needs Launch at Kenya Institute of Special Education
- 25th July – End of DEC Entry Submissions
- 26th September – DEC Prize Giving at Nairobi International Book Fair, Sarit Centre Nairobi