Welcome to the Accessible EPUB Toolkit. The Toolkit is currently in BETA for public comment. We appreciate your feedback in the comments section, below, and at the end of each page in the Toolkit.
This Toolkit will help you create an accessible EPUB with image descriptions, accessible navigation, dyslexic fonts, and optional sign language videos.
If you’re ready to jump in and create an accessible EPUB using the tools and templates we’ve put together – start with the Step by Step Guide.
- Step by Step Guide: A 10 step walkthrough on how to create an accessible EPUB.
- Resources and Software: You will need some software tools and other resources to use the Step by Step Guide. We provide free and paid options for software. This section has links and information about these resources.
- Examples and Templates: We’ve created 50 accessible EPUBs from a master template that you can reuse and improve to create your own accessible EPUBs.
- Standards and References: Links and information about the open standards and accessibility principles on which this Toolkit is based. These references can help you dig deeper.
- Acknowledgements: An ecosystem of supporters and partners enabled this Toolkit to be created. Thank you!
Fill out my online form.
The Accessible EPUB Toolkit was funded through our award as a winner of the Book Boost: Access for All Challenge, a competition conducted by the All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development Partners (USAID, World Vision, and the Australian Government), Pearson and Project Literacy.