Welcome to the Accessible EPUB Toolkit. This Toolkit will help you create an accessible EPUB with image descriptions, accessible navigation, dyslexic fonts, and optional sign language videos. Use the Accessible EPUB Toolkit to build your own accessible content for submission in the Content Development Challenge.
If you’re ready to jump in and create an accessible EPUB using the tools and templates we’ve put together – start with the Step by Step Guide.
- Step by Step Guide: A 10 step walkthrough on how to create an accessible EPUB.
- Resources and Software: You will need some software tools and other resources to use the Step by Step Guide. We provide free and paid options for software. This section has links and information about these resources.
- Examples and Templates: We’ve created 50 accessible EPUBs from a master template that you can reuse and improve to create your own accessible EPUBs.
- Standards and References: Links and information about the open standards and accessibility principles on which this Toolkit is based. These references can help you dig deeper.
- Acknowledgments: An ecosystem of supporters and partners enabled this Toolkit to be created. Thank you!
Content Development Challenge Award Categories
- Most accessible storybook
- Best accessible Kiswahili reader
- Best accessible leveled reader
- Best accessible mother tongue reader