Welcome to the Accessible EPUB Toolkit. This Toolkit will help you create an accessible EPUB with image descriptions, accessible navigation, dyslexic fonts, and optional sign language videos.
If you’re ready to jump in and create an accessible EPUB using the tools and templates we’ve put together – start with the Step by Step Guide.
- Step by Step Guide: A 10 step walkthrough on how to create an accessible EPUB.
- Resources and Software: You will need some software tools and other resources to use the Step by Step Guide. We provide free and paid options for software. This section has links and information about these resources.
- Examples and Templates: We’ve created 50 accessible EPUBs from a master template that you can reuse and improve to create your own accessible EPUBs.
- Standards and References: Links and information about the open standards and accessibility principles on which this Toolkit is based. These references can help you dig deeper.
- Acknowledgments: An ecosystem of supporters and partners enabled this Toolkit to be created. Thank you!
Submit your content here
This product is made possible through the generous support of the All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development (ACR GCD) Partners (the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), World Vision, and the Australian Government) and Pearson. It was prepared by eKitabu, LLC and does not necessarily reflect the views of Pearson and the ACR GCD Partners.